The Kresser Institute (KI) was founded in 2015 by Chris Kresser, M.S., L.Ac., a renowned expert, entrepreneur, clinician, and educator in the fields of Functional Medicine and ancestral health. Its mission is to provide the next generation of functional health practitioners and coaches with the skills, tools, and training they need to turn the tide of chronic disease—and change the future of medicine.
KI offers two signature programs—The ADAPT Practitioner Training Program and The ADAPT Health Coach Training Program—both of which offer comprehensive education and training in Functional Medicine, ancestral nutrition and lifestyle, and practice management.
The ADAPT Framework represents a collaborative model of care that integrates Functional Medicine with an ancestral, evolutionary perspective, allowing practitioners and coaches to:
- Prevent and reverse chronic disease, instead of just managing it
- Offer a vital (and often missing) layer of support to help your patients or clients make lasting diet, lifestyle, and behavior changes
- Play a part in reducing healthcare costs for governments, organizations, and individuals
- Work as part of a collaborative network of practitioners, health coaches, and allied healthcare providers who support your goals
- Embrace and build an inspiring, meaningful, rewarding career
To date, The Kresser Institute has trained more than 2,000 health professionals around the world, serving clinicians and health coaches who want to truly make a difference in the lives of their patients and clients—and play a critical role in shifting from outmoded, conventional methods to a new paradigm that draws on the following framework:
- Functional Medicine, which seeks to treat the underlying cause of disease, rather than simply suppressing symptoms
- Ancestral nutrition and lifestyle, which resolves the mismatch between our genes, our biology, and our modern environment
- Health coaching, which seeks to support and empower people to make sustainable lifestyle and behavior changes
- A collaborative practice model that links health coaches with licensed providers to better serve patients and create more sustainable practices
Our comprehensive virtual training courses are presented by Chris Kresser along with his faculty of world-renowned team of clinicians, coaches, and other health professionals, all of whom deliver insights into how to build and manage an effective practice or coaching career while integrating Functional Medicine and ancestral health. Graduates of the Kresser Institute don’t just learn a set of skills, but join an interconnected and vital community of practitioners and health coaches who have been trained in the same paradigm.
Together, we can reinvent healthcare and turn the tide of chronic disease. The Kresser Institute considers itself a critical force in helping mission-inspired health professionals become part of the revolution—and change the face of modern medicine.
Our faculty consists of experts and thought leaders in functional medicine, health coaching, behavior change, motivational interviewing and evidence-based medicine among other fields. To see the full list of faculty members and learn more about their background and expertise please visit this page.
April 26, 2019
March 01, 2019
Nutritional Therapy's Annual Conference
May 07, 2018
Council of Holistic Health Educators
August 11, 2016
Ancestral Health Symposium 2016
Our writers are diverse experts across a variety of fields. Chris Kresser, M.S., L.Ac., is a leader in Functional Medicine and ancestral health. He is a New York Times best-selling author, founder of Adapt Naturals, co-director of the California Center for Functional Medicine, the creator of the ADAPT Practitioner and Health Coach Training Programs. If you want to find more information about how we create and edit our content please see this page.
The members of our Advisory Board are experts in fields like health coaching, Functional and integrative medicine, nutrition, and more. They help ensure that we bring you accurate information to incorporate into your Functional Medicine practice, to implement in your health coaching, or to help you stay up-to-date with the emerging research. See all board members here.