Why Get ADAPT Certified (A-CFMP)?
With no nationally recognized certifying board, it is important to choose a rigorous certification program where you can earn a graduate certificate that demonstrates to your patients (and prospective patients) your high degree of expertise and competence as a Functional Medicine practitioner. Additionally, certified graduates enjoy enhanced priority listings in our ADAPT Practitioner Directory.
Using the A-CFMP credential and the A-CFMP certification badge, you’ll give future patients an instant visual cue that you have done the real work to prepare yourself to practice Functional Medicine ethically and masterfully. While the average patient may not fully understand Functional Medicine certification, they still rely on these important visual cues to develop the trust and confidence they need to choose you as their practitioner. You can also link the A-CFMP certification badge on your site or social profile to our “What is an ADAPT Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner?” patient resource page.
The ADAPT Functional Medicine Practitioner Training Program is one of the most comprehensive, in-depth, and rigorous in the world. It is the only comprehensive training that also gives you the practical tools to immediately use what you learn in the real world. The A-CFMP credential tells everyone that you’ve been fully trained to effectively use Functional Medicine to prevent and reverse chronic illness.
Who Is Eligible for ADAPT Practitioner Certification?
Applicants for certification must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have an active and eligible healthcare license issued by the appropriate authority in the state, province, or country of the applicant’s clinical practice.
- Complete the ADAPT Functional Medicine Practitioner Training Program course material, pass all weekly quizzes, and be a current ADAPT Alumni member.
- Complete all payment obligations for the course.
How Do I Become an ADAPT Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner?
- Determine Eligibility
- Fill out the eligibility quiz to ensure eligibility for the certification credential.
- Enroll in the ADAPT Functional Medicine Practitioner Training Program and mark that you intend to certify.
- Complete Coursework
- Complete 12 months of assigned weekly lessons as outlined by the program syllabus.
- Pass weekly quizzes with a score of 80% or higher.
- Apply for Certification
- Apply for ADAPT Functional Medicine Practitioner Certification within 2 years of your course start date.
- Pay the non-refundable fee for the Certification Exam and Alumni membership.
- Prepare for the Exam
- Once approved and paid in full, you’ll gain access to the Certification Course that includes practice quizzes, a comprehensive review guide, and instructions for scheduling the proctored Certification Exam.
- Pass the Exam
- Receive a passing score on the A-CFMP Certification Exam.
- Publish Your Credentials
- Receive priority listing on the ADAPT Practitioner Directory page, and update your website, curriculum vitae, and marketing material with your A-CFMP promotional badge.
- Maintain Your Certification
- Certification will remain current as long as you maintain an active ADAPT Practitioner Training Program Alumni membership, maintain an active healthcare license, and pass all updated quizzes when the curriculum is updated.
Currently, no governing body or board oversees certification in Functional Medicine. An A-CFMP credential does not grant or expand any additional legal or specialty status. You must incorporate Functional Medicine into your existing license.
As a member of the ADAPT Alumni membership, you receive continuing education through ongoing curriculum and educational updates to further develop advanced skills and competencies in the treatment of complex conditions.
The Certification Exam is composed of approximately 125 to 150 multiple choice questions that cover material presented during the 12-month ADAPT Practitioner Training Program.
As part of the Certification Course and fee, you will have access to and the opportunity to repeat all your previous quizzes and a comprehensive study guide to prepare yourself for the Certification Exam. It is not required to use the study guide, but it is included in the cost of the Certification Exam.
The Certification Exam is a proctored, virtual exam that you can take in the comfort of your own home.
To maintain certification, you must maintain an active healthcare license, hold a current Alumni membership, and pass updated quizzes that are reflective of the new curriculum. We do not require renewal of certification if you fulfill all the above requirements. If your certification lapses, see Certification Terms and Conditions below for more information on how to remedy an expired certification.
The ADAPT Functional Medicine Practitioner Training Program is a 12-month program with an additional six months of access to all program material. You can fill out the eligibility determination form at any time throughout the program. Upon completion of the course, you can apply for and become an ADAPT Alumni member. You can also apply for the Certification Exam anytime after passing the program quizzes and becoming an Alumni member. See the How Do I Become an ADAPT Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner? section for more information.
The fee for the Certification Course and Exam is $495, which includes practice quizzes, a comprehensive study guide, and the proctored A-CFMP Certification Exam.
The A-CFMP Certification Exam fee is non-refundable.
If you do not pass the Certification Exam on the first try, you will be given one additional opportunity to retake the exam within six months at a discounted rate of $395.
Certification Terms and Conditions
- You must maintain an active healthcare license to be eligible for and maintain A-CFMP certification. Should your license lapse, you are responsible for notifying Kresser Institute, and your certification status will change in the ADAPT Practitioner Directory.
- You must maintain an ADAPT Alumni membership to be eligible for and maintain A-CFMP certification. If your ADAPT Alumni membership lapses, your certification status will be changed in the ADAPT Practitioner Directory.
- Once your certification lapses, you have 30 days to remove the A-CFMP badge and mention from all your online and print marketing material.
- To remedy an expired certification, you must reactivate your healthcare license and/or ADAPT Alumni membership and reapply for certification for a $50 administrative fee. You will be required to review content updates that have occurred since your Alumni membership lapsed and pass any updated quizzes.
- You must apply for certification within two years of your course start date.
- Kresser Institute maintains strict confidentiality about Certification Exam applications and outcomes.
- All A-CFMP certified graduates are required to adhere to the ADAPT Code of Conduct as well as the professional Code of Ethics required by their healthcare license. Any violation of these codes must be reported to Kresser Institute. Kresser Institute reserves the right to suspend or revoke certification in cases where ethics violations have been verified.
- The fee for the Certification Exam is $495, which includes practice quizzes, a comprehensive review guide, and the proctored A-CFMP Certification Exam.
- The A-CFMP Certification Exam fee is non-refundable.
- If you fail the Certification Exam, you will be given one additional opportunity to retake the exam at a discounted rate of $395.