- ADAPT Practitioner Training Program
- ADAPT Practitioner Alumni Membership
- ADAPT Practitioner Certification
Updated: July 2019
ADAPT Practitioner Training Program
- You agree to provide us with a valid credit card to pay for the ADAPT Practitioner Training Program in full (including all applicable sales and other taxes or fees).
- If you have selected our monthly payment plan, your credit card will be billed every 30 days after the date you enrolled, for a total of 12 payments. You agree to keep your credit card information with us up to date and active.
- If you have selected our payment plan and your payment is declined, you will receive a notification from our billing system. Your card will then automatically be retried up to four more times. After the final failed billing attempt, your account status will be changed to “delinquent,” your account will no longer be in “good standing,” and you will lose access to the program until your account is in good standing again. If you need assistance updating your billing information, please contact email@example.com.
- You will not regain access to the program until all outstanding payments are made in full and your account is in good standing. Once this occurs, your account status will revert to “active.”
- If your account remains in delinquent status for longer than sixty (60) days, Kresser Institute reserves the right to report any delinquent balance owed to a credit reporting bureau and/or collections agency subject to Kresser Institute’s sole discretion until the account is caught up and in good standing.
- To be clear, if you are on a monthly payment plan, you are contractually obligated to pay for the course in full, regardless of whether you complete the course, unless you are granted a refund under the terms of our refund policy.
- If you elect 3rd party financing, your payment terms will be set by Paramount Capital Group at the time of your loan approval. Kresser Institute will not be responsible for the management of your loan. All questions regarding your loan should be communicated with Paramount Capital Group directly.
- We are looking for people who are passionate and committed to changing their own life, others’ lives, and even the whole healthcare paradigm. But we understand that this program will not be right for some people.
- We make every effort to ensure that you have everything you need to make a confident and informed decision before you enroll. If you are considering enrolling but feel unsure of have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not enroll in the ADAPT Practitioner Training Program just to “check it out.” We have put an extraordinary amount of time and effort into this program, and we expect you to do the same. This course is for serious students only.
- This is a non-refundable, self-paced course. You are free to quit at any time, but you will not receive a refund and will still be required to complete your monthly payments until you have met your full course fee obligation.
Hardship Deferment Policy
- Because of the ability to pace the course to fit your schedule, enrollment in the course is non-transferable. Once enrolled, you do not have the option of transferring into another cohort, or transferring your spot in the training to another person. However, Kresser Institute does grant deferments in rare circumstances (such as death of a child or spouse, or severe illness).
- Deferments are not guaranteed. They are granted at our sole discretion on a case-by-case basis.
- There is a deferment fee of $450 due upon submission of your deferment petition. If your deferment is not granted, the fee will be refunded to you.
- If there is an increase in tuition, the difference will be due at the time of the tuition increase or when the student rejoins the program.
- Hardship deferments are intended as a potential remedy for those whose circumstances do not allow them to participate in the coursework. The length of the deferment will be agreed upon by both parties, which is not to exceed 12 months from the time of the request. They are not a deferment of payments.
- Students on a payment plan, will continue to pay on time until the course is paid in full, unless other terms are agreed upon with Kresser Institute in writing.
- Students requesting a deferment must be in good financial standing (current on all tuition payments).
- Once a deferment is granted, the student’s program access will temporarily be suspended until their account is reactivated at the end of the deferment. When the student rejoins the program, the release of content on a predetermined basis will resume.
- At the company’s sole discretion, changes to the course design, course materials, live support, duration, cost, or any other aspect of the training may occur. Students who return from deferment will get the same course that all other new students are getting at that time.
- There will be no discounts to tuition upon return from deferment regardless of any changes made to the course content, timing, duration, live support, pricing, or any other aspect of the training.
Removal from the program
Kresser Institute may dismiss a student from the Program without a refund for violating the ADAPT Code of Conduct. In particular, violations of Section 1.5, are grounds for immediate dismissal. Other, less serious, violations will start with warnings, as outlined in Section 4, but may progress to dismissal if the behavior does not improve.
By completing my registration for the ADAPT Practitioner Training Program, I acknowledge and agree that:
- The information provided by me regarding my education, training, and experience is true and accurate.
- I have automatically qualified, passed the eligibility quiz, or successfully petitioned and have read the informational page and have a clear understanding of who the ADAPT Practitioner Training Program is (and is not) appropriate for and what the program prepares participants to do.
- The ADAPT Practitioner Training Program is not intended as a substitute for, or in lieu of, other health and wellness training, certification, accreditation, and/or licensing.
- I am either a credentialed healthcare practitioner in private practice or in the employ of another professional or have a combination of training and experience that qualifies me for this program and understand that this program is not intended to enable or authorize me to start a business.
- My participation in the The ADAPT Practitioner Training Program is not a substitute for any licensing requirements that may be applicable to me and does not independently authorize me to render care, prescribe regimens, or prescribe medications or supplements.
- My activities in the health and wellness field remain subject to my education, qualifications, and licensure.
- Enrollment in the course is non-transferable (i.e., your spot cannot be given to another student, nor can you transfer into another class).
- By enrolling in the ADAPT Practitioner Training Program, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions.
Remote Testing Policy
Remote testing allows for the highest standards in certification evaluation while allowing students the convenience of testing remotely.
- Students must perform a systems check before registering for the exam. The remote exam proctoring company will prompt students to do this check via email ahead of taking the exam.
- The remote exam proctoring company will monitor your computer activity, camera, microphone, and speaker during the entirety of the exam.
- You will be asked to verify your identification before beginning the exam. You must show a government-issued ID when prompted.
- Your remote testing video feed will be reviewed and assessed for any remote testing policy violations. Violations include:
- Using a cellular device at any point during the exam
- Navigating to external websites during the exam
- Sharing your exam testing space with any other individuals
- Talking to other individuals via phone, email, text, instant messaging, or in person while taking the exam
- We reserve the right to revoke a passing score if a student violates the remote testing policy and guidelines as laid out above and in the remote exam proctoring company testing instructions.
- Students must ensure a stable internet connection with a minimum of 1.5 Mbps upload speed.
ADAPT Practitioner Alumni Membership
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Annual Alumni Memberships automatically renew each year on the anniversary of the day you join. You will be contacted by email prior to your anniversary date and have the opportunity to cancel if you wish to do so.
- No refunds are offered for the annual Alumni Membership. The membership benefits are spelled out in detail and graduates should have a clear understanding of what to expect prior to purchase.
- You may cancel your Alumni Membership at any time by emailing email@example.com. You will retain your membership access until your annual term expires.
- Upon cancellation or expiration of the alumni membership, you will no longer have access to the ADAPT Functional Medicine Practitioner Training Program or community forum. We encourage you to download program material prior to cancelling your membership.
- Please note that you must have an active ADAPT Alumni Membership in order to be eligible for ADAPT Functional Medicine Practitioner Certification. If you allow your alumni membership to lapse, then your will have to renew your alumni membership in order to keep your certification active.
Certification Terms and Conditions
- You must maintain an active healthcare license to be eligible for and maintain A-CFMP certification. Should your license lapse, you are responsible for notifying Kresser Institute, and your certification status will change in the ADAPT Practitioner Directory.
- You must maintain an ADAPT Alumni membership to be eligible for and maintain A-CFMP certification. If your ADAPT Alumni membership lapses, your certification status will be changed in the ADAPT Practitioner Directory.
- Once your certification lapses, you have 30 days to remove the A-CFMP badge and mention from all your online and print marketing material.
- To remedy an expired certification, you must reactivate your healthcare license and/or ADAPT Alumni membership and reapply for certification for a $50 administrative fee. You will be required to review content updates that have occurred since your Alumni membership lapsed and pass any updated quizzes.
- You must apply for certification within two years of your course start date.
- Kresser Institute maintains strict confidentiality about Certification Exam applications and outcomes.
- All A-CFMP certified graduates are required to adhere to the ADAPT Code of Conduct as well as the professional Code of Ethics required by their healthcare license. Any violation of these codes must be reported to Kresser Institute. Kresser Institute reserves the right to suspend or revoke certification in cases where ethics violations have been verified.
- The fee for the Certification Exam is $495, which includes practice quizzes, a comprehensive review guide, and the proctored A-CFMP Certification Exam.
- The A-CFMP Certification Exam fee is non-refundable.
- If you fail the Certification Exam, you will be given one additional opportunity to retake the exam at a discounted rate of $395.