Welcome Health Coach Training Program members!
Thanks for joining the ADAPT Health Coach Training Program. Below you’ll find access to past webinars and emails you might have missed.
As a reminder, orientation week starts June 9th and the course officially opens June 16th.
In the meantime, if you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Coaching 101: How to Set Yourself Up for Success
Make an impact and make a living.
Health coaching is critical to the future of medicine—but it’s also a career. To be successful, you need to know what’s involved, and how to make it work for you and your clients.
Give your passion a purpose: The how-tos of health coaching
How to create a rewarding career as a functional health coach
In the first webinar, Health Coaching 101, I talked about what a health coach is and why health coaches are critical to the future of medicine. In this webinar, we’ll talk more about what it takes to actually become an effective health coach and make a living … making a difference.
Health Coaching and the Law
Understanding the legal scope of a health coach, no matter where you live
In the last two webinars, we discussed what a health coach is, why they’re so important, and exactly how to become an effective health coach. We’ll switch gears a little in this webinar, as we’ll be discussing with Jonathan Posey a brief overview of laws that apply to nutritionists and health coaches.
ADAPT Health Coach Training Program Overview
A behind-the-curtain look inside this comprehensive program
Over the last three webinars, we’ve learned why coaches are so important, how to become an effective health coach, and the laws that apply to nutritionists and health coaches. Join us for the last webinar before the program begins, where I’ll explore the course in more depth.
Email #1: Did you get through the health coach success series?
We are getting excited about the ADAPT Health Coach Training Program that begins in June. How about you? In the meantime, we wanted to remind you about the free Health Coach Success Series. Don’t let the word “free” throw you off—it is full of really great information and training to help get you started.
If you’ve already completed our Health Coach Success Series, tell us one thing you learned or one thing that has inspired you so far.
If you haven’t yet signed up, you can get the free Health Coach Success Series one of two ways:
- Podcast – the same material turned into six audio episodes—maximize your commute!
- E-book – compiled into a three-part e-book—download to any device.
In this series we discuss:
- Why health coaches will play a vital role in the future of medicine
- What a health coach is (and isn’t) and how they differ from nutritionists and dietitians
- The crucial skills and competencies a health coach needs to succeed
- How to build a successful health coaching practice
I think you’ll learn a lot from this series.
I hope you’re as excited as I am to start the Health Coach Training Program in a few short weeks.
Email #2: ADAPT expert faculty overview
Most health training programs are run by just a few faculty, with a handful of guest appearances from this well-known coach or that psychologist. You might get a lecture, maybe even a live webinar with a bonus Q&A session. That’s it.
An exceptional training program is different.
In a program that prepares you to be part of a healthcare revolution and help turn the tide against chronic disease, the experts themselves create the curriculum. And the experts are your teachers.
To build the ADAPT Health Coach Training Program curriculum, we tapped top experts in each core competency area, from mindfulness to motivational interviewing.
Not only that, but each expert hosts live demo and Q&A sessions along the way.
This means that you get to learn directly from some of the top minds in health coaching, psychology, ancestral health, Functional Medicine, and practice management. ADAPT’s stellar faculty includes:
- Robert Biswas-Diener: A foremost international authority on positive psychology coaching
- Pro-Change: An organization founded by Dr. James Prochaska, the lead developer of the Transtheoretical Model (TTM), which focuses on understanding and working more effectively with the stages of change
- Mayerson Academy: The exclusive education arm of the VIA Institute on Character, which is dedicated to empowering people to discover and use scientifically-validated character strengths to improve lives
- Plus the designer and facilitator of more than 1,200 motivational interviewing workshops, a certified trainer of the Center for Nonviolent Communication, clinical psychologists and psychology professors, registered dieticians, legal advocacy experts, health and wellness marketing professionals, leaders in behavioral health, nonprofit directors, and more
As the creator and executive director of ADAPT, I shaped this program to be the best method for mastering the skills of health coaching, learning Functional Medicine and ancestral health principles, and connecting with a professional network of like-minded coaches and practitioners.
Our faculty play a huge part in this excellence. And they’re all here to give you the tools, skills, and network to help clients heal and help you reinvent healthcare for our country.
We’re just a little over a month from the start of the program. I hope you’re getting more and more excited as the weeks pass.
Email #3: What the ancestral advantage is—and why health coaches need it
You and I know that nutrition is a fundamental component of health.
This is indisputable. Yet few health coaching programs offer much in the way of nutrition training. If they do, it’s an overview of different diets—Mediterranean, vegetarian, vegan—without any specific recommendations.
It’s a mind-boggling shortfall. How can health coaches support their clients in reversing chronic disease if they aren’t even trained in the nutritional approach that can actually help?
The ADAPT Health Coach Training Program fills this frightening gap with in-depth and evidence-based training on ancestral health and nutrition.
In ADAPT’s ancestral health training, we draw from peer-reviewed evidence and clinical experience to teach you:
- How our modern lifestyle is a mismatch for our bodies—and how it’s contributing to chronic disease
- How humans lived when they were free of chronic illness—and what that can teach us about diet and lifestyle today
- The ways in which ancestral health informs lifestyle factors, including diet, physical activity, stress, and sleep
- How to apply the foundations of ancestral health to your clients’ lives—and customize these principles for their individual needs
No other health coach training program embraces an ancestral approach to diet, lifestyle, and behavior, with specific recommendations based on both evidence and clinical experience.
(This is not only a vastly more useful approach for your clients. It also lays a foundation for you to collaborate with practitioners and licensed clinicians who are trained in the same ancestral principles, who are committed to the same goals—and who make great referral partners.)
Health coaches play a critical role in turning the tide against chronic disease. But that can only happen if you have the training to help your clients make the right changes. This is the ancestral advantage.
Email #4: An inside look at the Health Coach Training Program
We’re about three weeks away from the start of the ADAPT Health Coach Training Program. I hope the excitement is continuing to grow. Just a heads up—there will be an orientation webinar on June 11th at 11 a.m. PDT.
I’m sure most of you, if not all, are curious as to how this course is laid out. I’m excited to share with you our course outline, which can be found here.
Within this outline, you’ll find an overview of the three tracks: Art & Practice of Coaching, Functional Health, and Professional Development.
Our next live webinar, ADAPT Health Coach Training Program Overview: A behind-the-curtain look at this comprehensive program, happens May 23rd at 11 a.m. PDT. Join us!
As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
Email #5: Here's what's happening
In just a few short weeks we’ll be starting our very first Health Coach Training Program. Like all of you, I’m extremely excited about this program. In case you have forgotten, Orientation Week opens on June 9. During this week you’ll have access to the learning portal where you’ll see instructional videos on how to navigate the portal plus some bonus digital courses. Actual course content access opens on June 16.
Mark your calendars as I’ll be hosting an orientation webinar on June 11th at 11 a.m. PDT. You may register for the webinar here.
Catch our most recent webinar, ADAPT Health Coach Training Program Overview.
If you missed the webinar, here is the course overview handout that was included.
You may want to get a head start on some of the required reading for the course:
- Unconventional Medicine by Chris Kresser
- The Paleo Cure by Chris Kresser
- Wellcoaches’ Coaching Psychology Manual by Margaret Moore
- Choosing Peace by Ike Lasater and John Kinyon (select the free PDF or purchase the paperback or e-book)
You’ll need to do some journaling during the course, so think about how you’d like to record your thoughts—either on paper or online.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. Have you missed any of our past webinars or emails? You can find a full list here.